Perinatal asphyxia is that the medical condition ensuing from deprivation of oxygen to a newborn baby that lasts long enough throughout the birth method to cause physical damage, sometimes to the brain.
• CAUSES: antenatal causes
• Inadequate oxygenation of maternal blood because of hypoventilation throughout anesthesia, heart diseases, pneumonia, metastasis failure
• Low maternal pressure because of cardiovascular disease e.g. compression of vein and arteria, excess anesthesia.
• Premature separation of placenta
• Placental insufficiency
• Intra partum causes
• Inadequate relaxation of uterus because of excess oxytocin
• prolonged delivery
• Knotting of fetal membrane round the neck of kid.